UNLESS is serverless, with an infrastructure based on the AWS API Gateway, Lambda and DynamoDb. Learn how it works.
Our website is based on React, but our system is much more interesting than that. Like many, we use the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure - but without running any EC2 or RDS instances that could possibly crash or get stuck. We built an entirely serverless product.
How does that work?
- Published content is delivered from a flat file system in AWS S3, with Cloudfront as a CDN.
- The website and API are entirely decoupled from the delivery of the personalizations to your website - your site still works even if there is some enormous disaster.
- That said, even the management infrastructure will not go down - simply because it has no running instances, but is built with the AWS API Gateway and AWS Lambda functions only.
- Your drafts and account data are not stored in a dedicated RDS instance, but captured in DynamoDB, using top-notch security procedures.
- You can use your Google account to log in. Under the hood, it's all AWS IAM rules that protect your identity.
You can read a more detailed explanation of our serverless architecture on our blog.