Is your visitors' behavior influenced by device (mobile vs. desktop) or browser? Do you want to change the CTAs on mobile view? Learn how.
Inspiration & ideas for device-based audiences
- Device-specific lead generation: Mobile visitors are generally less patient than desktop visitors, especially when it comes to filling out forms. To account for that, display a short signup form on mobile. On desktop, you can add additional questions for better lead qualification.
- CTAs that serve your Business Intelligence team: Your app is not yet available for Windows? Swap out your regular CTA for a "join waitlist" button if a visitor uses a Windows device. This way you can gather information and assess interest in your product before even building it.
- iOs vs. Android: You have a mobile app available for both, iOs and Android? Instead of sending mobile visitors to a landing page where they have to self-select their OS, automatically redirect them to the matching app store. You'd be surprised how much shortening your conversion funnel by one step can do for your completion rate.
Targeting options for device-based audiences:
- Browser: Group visitors based on the browser they're using.
- Browser Language: Group visitors based on their browser language.
- View Size: Segment based on the width of the screens used by your visitors to access your page. Example: 1280
- is Mobile Device: Set this to either "true" or "false". For example, if you want to target mobile and tablet users, remember to use an "OR" condition.
- is Tablet Device: Set this to either "true" or "false".
- is Desktop Device: Set this to either "true" or "false".
- Operating System: Group visitors based on their OS. This way you could, for example, create a personalization for Apple users.