Context, behavior, location, URL parameters, personal traits, and more. Here's a list of all options to group your visitors into audiences.
With Unless, you can segment visitors into audiences and create a personalized experience per audience. Next to default audiences and suggested audiences which are based on Unless' machine learning algorithms, you can create your own, custom audiences. For this, you can choose from 30+ data points.
We devoted an entire section on our website that tells you exactly what data we collect and what is available for segmentation. See our data section here.. For a quick overview, see the following list.
- Region code (state or province)
- Trade region (OPEC, EU etc.)
- Zip code
- IP address
Learn more about location-based audiences.
- Date range
- Time range
- Day of week
Learn more about time-based audiences.
- Browser language
- Operating system
- Device type (desktop, tablet, mobile)
- Viewport size
Learn more about device-based audiences.
- Current weather (rainy, sunny etc.)
- Wind speed
- Wind gust
Learn more about weather-based audiences.
- Page referrer (e.g. facebook, nyt.com etc.)
- Current page (→ the page the visitor is currently viewing)
- Landing page (→ the page through which a visitor entered your website)
- Current domain
- Returning visitor (vs. new visitor)
- Cookie (listens to a custom cookie)
- Audience (used to nest audiences → useful for combining custom audiences with suggested audiences)
Learn more about behavior-based audiences.
- Duration (expressed in seconds)
- Number of pageviews
- UTM source (e.g. ?utm_source=facebook)
- UTM medium (e.g. ?utm_medium=email)
- UTM campaign (e.g. ?utm_campaign=christmas)
- UTM content (e.g. ?utm_content=christmas-mailing)
- UTM term (e.g. ?utm_term=christmas-sweater)
- Query string parameter (e.g. ?name=Sander).
- Hash value (e.g. /pricing#features)
Learn more about parameter-based audiences.
Traits are personal visitor attributes such as name, gender, email, job, purchases, etc. Traits are unique to your account. They can be sourced through the email capture add-ons or through the API (set up by your developer).
Learn more about trait-based audiences.